When choosing a book that will generate widespread participation from members of your community, consider how each title meets the following criteria:
- Does the book relate specifically to the community in terms of setting, story, or author's home region?
- Is the book's content appropriate for adults and young adults?
- Has the book been made into a film or play?
- Is the book available in multiple formats? Ebook, Large Print, Audio, etc?
- Is the book available in the library system and local bookstores?
- Is your community multilingual? If so, are translations of the book available?